Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day 2013


As of a few moments ago, I hit a Mommy all time low.
I asked a girl, who is about my daughter's age, to be my pretend daughter this year.
How sad is that?
This is not literary trickery,
this is my real life.
I know it's something unheard of
to have a child who wants nothing to do with you...
but that is the reality that rips out my heart every day
and this Mother's Day
will slam it to the ground and stomp all the blood out.
So, in reality,
my pathetic request of a young lady
who does not despise me and who,
I honestly believe,
believes I have some worth...
is an attempt to save my life.
I know one day
Baby of mine
will allow me
back into her life.
My only goal...
is to live and see that day.
That will be the day
I will be resurrected
no longer be this shell of a woman
you now see before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment