Friday, May 10, 2013

Decay Someday


At times I fool myself into believing I'm the boss.
Then I remember, I'm not. So I finish putting on my face with lip gloss.
I look at the finished creation of my Revlon face to see if it is right for the role I play.
I can't fight the truth. Every day I live is a day closer to decay.

I do what I must to get what I need so I smile and nod as people pass.
Knowing all the while, the sand I have left is slipping away from my life's hourglass.
Even though I know my time is short, I continue on. I was taught to obey.
I can't fight the truth. Every day I live is a day closer to decay.

Doing the same thing as yesterday and the day before that...I start to feel stuck.
Life is so banal. Start to think it would be a nice change of pace to be hit by a truck.
Just my life's luck, in my daily  travels, no diversion from boredom can be found on the highway.
I can't fight the truth. Every day I live is a day closer to decay.

Home for the night and settled in. As usual, my activity is channel surfing for a life to live for the night.
Never finding the life I want...seems I am not alone in this crappy life plight.
I know I should consider each day I am giving a blessing...but I don't.  Forgiveness  is asked when I pray.
I can't fight the truth. Every day I live is a day closer to decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment